‘It takes a village to raise a child – this is especially true in London where we often feel alone as parents.’
Little Village is a gift from one family to another; not hand-outs, so please use our simple rule of thumb: if you’d give the item to a friend, then we’ll take it.
Little Village can supply you with great quality clothes, toys, books and equipment for babies and children up to the age of five.
Volunteer for us
We’ll offer you training and support, and you’ll make a real and practical difference to the lives of hundreds of local families across London.
Make a referral
We ask that all families are referred to us via a professional. Our assessment criteria are not complicated and our referral process is very simple.
Who we are
Little Village is like a foodbank, but for clothes, toys and equipment for babies and children up to the age of 5.
What we do
Our dream is that no child in the capital grows up without essential items of clothing, toys and equipment.
Where we are
We launched our first site in Wandsworth in January 2016. We opened in Camden in 2017 and our Southwark site opened in January 2019!
Wishlist November 2019
Thank you to everyone who has generously donated their pre-loved items to us – you are amazing. Our stockroom is closed to general donations. We are ONLY seeking the items listed below. Please only donate the items you would give to your fussiest friend – our items are a gift from one family to another.
*** WE ARE CLOSED FOR DONATIONS IN THE EVENING ON TUESDAY 5TH NOVEMBER, BUT OPEN 9.30AM-12 NOON) ***
Donations can be dropped off at our stockroom on Tuesdays during the school term time, 9.30am – 12 noon / 7.45pm-9.30pm. Please do not leave any donations outside the stockroom when we are closed.
- Boys and girls newborn and 0-3 months
- Boys and girls 3-6 years
- Socks, tights and underwear in great condition 1-6 years
- Winter coats and accessories 3-6 years
- Winter shoes in excellent condition
- Muslin cloths
- Breastfeeding pillows
- Teat and bottle brushes
- Bottles (without teats, unless unopened in original packaging)
- Manual breast pumps
- Sterilisers (electric, microwave and purpose built cold water sterilisers with submersible lid)
- Kids’ plates, bowls, cutlery and cups (in really good condition)
- Folding high chairs or high chairs that can dismantle
Bathing, washing and toiletries
- Changing mats
- Changing bags
- Baby baths / bath supports
- Towels (including normal size)
- Unopened packs of wipes
- Unopened packets of nappy bags
- Unopened toiletries for babies and young children, e.g. Sudocrem, unscented aqueous cream, baby wash, baby shampoo, soap, moisturiser
- Baby monitors
- Travel cots (no pop-up cots please)
- Moses baskets and stands
- Cribs, cots and cotbeds (fully working with all parts)
- Sheets for cots and cotbeds
- Winter sleeping bags, especially 0-6 months
Play and development
- Bouncers / play mats (no door bouncers)
- Books, especially board books (in great condition)
- Safety equipment (eg reins, cupboard locks, safety gates)
- Duplo, lego and building blocks
- Small toys for children 3-6 years (eg cars, figures and craft)
- Fancy dress
- Buggies and double buggies (in really good condition with all fittings)
- Universal buggy boards (with all the fittings)
- Buggy accessories (footmuffs, cocoons, head huggers, raincovers and buggy clips)
- Slings (buckle and wrap slings)
- Supermarket bags for life and large laundry bags
- Elastic bands
- Allen keys
- Bikes, trikes, scooters
- Large toys
- Nappy bins
- Religious themed items
- Open packs – nappies, breast pads, toiletries
- Open system breast pumps
- Baby food or formula
- Maternity clothing
- Pregnancy and parenting books
- Cot accessories – bumpers and mobiles
- Door bouncers, floor seats and baby jumpers (but yes please to bouncy chairs)
- Sleep positioners
- Car and bike accessories – including seats
- Changing units
- Nursery decorations -framed pictures, night lights
- Unless they are in unopened, original packaging– mattresses, bottle teats, dummies
“I really appreciate the help and support you have given me. Thank you for treating me with dignity.”Mum of two
“The process to make a referral is straightforward along with the impeccable, speedy service delivered by the kind volunteers in organising each family’s items. Our family was delighted and overwhelmed with the vast amount of donations provided to them. Thank you so much!”Children's professional
“It means so much to know that my precious baby things are going to local families who really need some support. I like the idea that there is less plastic about, it’s just so much better for the environment. Toys particularly are used and discarded so readily it would be nice to know that these would all get a lot of use.”Donor
“Very friendly ladies working here and very helpful. Make you feel special.”Parent we supported
“Little Village are lovely people who give hope to those in need.”Parent we supported
“It’s a very good service. It’s a very helpful service for families who find themselves in a difficult position, the staff are very friendly, helpful and not judgmental. I’m grateful for the help.”Parent we supported
“I just want to say thank you. This is the best charity organisation I have ever seen.”Parent we supported
“Brilliant service, brilliant friendly and helpful staff.”Parent we supported
“After working for 16 years I was super scared to use a free service but staff made me feel so much better about being here.”Parent we supported
“It’s hard to ask for help but here all the ladies make you feel good. They are friendly and very kind.”Parent we supported
“I am a disabled mum of 2 that is pregnant with my 3rd and my husband had to give up work to be my full time carer and with all the cuts in grants etc we were really struggling to buy what we need for the baby so without Little Village’s help we would really be in a dire situation. Thank you all so much for all your help and support.”Parent we supported
“I felt extremely welcome and loved the visit. My little one has everything he needs now – thank you.”Parent we supported
“Little Village is a lifesaver for families struggling financially.”Referral partner
“My child loved it and so did I. A wonderful place, very friendly and helpful staff.”Parent we supported
“It is an amazing place to be with so much love, the staff are friendly, lovely and amazing people.”Referral partner
“Made me feel welcome. I’d love to come to volunteer and return the help.”Parent we supported
“You people are lovely people. With your service you’re helping many people in life, including me. God will keep blessing Little Village. Thank you.”Parent we supported
“I’m very grateful for the help I received from Little Village. It’s a difficult time for me and I am thankful that there are people that are helping people like me.”
“What an amazing service! Angels!”Parent we supported
“Great community. Extremely helpful. Overwhelmed with all the support. Thank you.”Parent we supported
14 October 2019
Are you passionate about tackling child poverty? Are you a brilliant communicator who loves working alongside people to share their stories to inspire social change? Do you find the opportunity of working in a passionate, growing social organisation exciting? If so, maybe you could be Little Village’s first ever Communications Manager. There’s more information about … Continue reading "We’re recruiting!"
22 July 2019
Our CEO Sophia has written a post sharing her reflections on the last year - what we've learnt, what's been hard, and what we're proud of.
16 July 2019
This week we were lucky enough to capture the journey of one of the 409 prams you've donated to us, as it arrived at Little Village and was immediately gifted to a new family.
10 July 2019
Today our Chief Executive Sophia Parker had an essay published as part of New Philantropy Capital's series, Walking The Talk, where she shared our lessons about how we've hardwired flexible working into Little Village.