Corporate Team Volunteering
Would you like to boost team spirit and help us support families?
Little Village is like a food bank, but for clothes, toys and equipment for babies and children up to the age of five. We are volunteered powered and are always looking for teams to get involved.
Our corporate team volunteering programme offers a great opportunity for colleagues from different areas of your firm to take part in a team-building activity and directly support families who need our support. Your team members can learn more about their local community and understand what it means to be growing up without the basic things in life. The volunteering activities guide outlines the various tasks undertaken in our hubs.
We love to host corporate volunteering sessions, which are safe, fun, satisfying and productive. Corporate volunteering is a great way for your company to engage with local communities. And with your help, we can ensure that children in low-income families going through hard times have a better start in life.
Our London team volunteering sessions take place in the locations listed below, subject to availability. You will be briefed at the beginning of the day, and we will support you throughout your time with us.
- Brent Hub (10am-3pm) – up to 6 volunteers (Monday & Tuesday).
- Hackney Hub (10am–4pm or half days) – up to 10 volunteers (Monday) and up to 8 volunteers (Tuesday and Wednesday).
- Hounslow Hub (10am–4pm or half days) – up to 40 volunteers (Monday to Friday).
- Tooting Hub (1pm-4pm) – 6-8 volunteers (Monday to Thursday).
- Camden Hub (10-2pm) – up to 6 volunteers (Mondays).
We incur some costs running our corporate volunteering programme, and so we ask for a minimum volunteering donation of £390 for up to six volunteers and £65 per volunteer thereafter to helps cover these costs. This ensures that our other fundraising is not diverted from directly supporting families. Should you not be able make a volunteering donation, please consider carrying out fundraising as a team to cover the costs. You could also make a donation of items to the value of the volunteering donation (hygiene products are available in our online shop and other retailers).
There are many other ways for you and your colleagues to get involved with Little Village:
- As part of our baby bank service, we give quality preloved clothes, toys, books, and equipment to families in need who have children under five years old. To support these families, you and your colleagues could organise a donation drive to collect items suitable for children under the age of five from our wish list and deliver them to one of our hubs.
- We have an online shop where your colleagues can buy hygiene essentials like nappies and toiletries, which we have to purchase new. All items are sent to Little Village in bulk and are distributed to low-income families who we support.
- Our fundraising pack includes lots of ideas on how to raise money for Little Village. One-off and regular donations can also be made via the Little Village website.
- Please sign up to the Little Village newsletter to keep up to date with everything that we are doing to support families. Click on this link https://littlevillagehq.org/news/ and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you want to discuss volunteering, or book a session (please provide a preferred date and hub location) please get in touch: email@example.com