Little Village Southwark is looking for a volunteer treasurer to help monitor our finances and to report to the Board of Trustees on a quarterly basis. The treasurer will be involved in budgeting and strategic financial planning, financial and management reporting, risk assessment and risk management.
Hours: 10 hours per month on a voluntary basis
Location: The majority of hours can be completed online remotely. However, you will be required to attend team meetings on a monthly basis and feedback to the Board of Trustees on a quarterly basis.
Process: Please email your CV together with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and what you can bring to it to email@example.com
- Oversee the financial affairs of Little Village Southwark to ensure that they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practices.
- Maintain proper records and ensure that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and prepare monthly reports on Little Village Southwark’s financial position for the Advisory Committee and present to the Little Village HQ Board of Trustees on a quarterly basis.
- Liaise with relevant volunteers to ensure the financial viability of Little Village Southwark.
- Working with the Site Director to produce the annual budget and present it to the Little Village HQ Board of Trustees.
- Bookkeeping, managing the petty cash position, arranging payments to creditors with appropriate sign offs.
- Attend Little Village Southwark core team meetings.
- Represent Little Village and be one of the faces of Little Village Southwark in the community.
Skills, qualifications & experience
- Ideally a qualified accountant with experience of charity fundraising and financing practices.
- Experience of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Knowledge and experience of using Xero is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to communicate and explain financial information, keeping in mind that not everyone will have financial/accounting experience.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Good knowledge of local area and a strong personal commitment to the values of Little Village.